.NET Development Security Solutions
- Recognize and avoid dangerous traps—including holes in .NET
- Work fluently with both role-based and code access security
- Maximize the security advantages of policies and code groups
- Promote security using Active Directory
- Secure data with .NET cryptographic techniques
- Meet the toughest LAN security requirements
- Tackle special security issues associated with Web and wireless applications
- Implement Win32 API security in managed applications
Uniting this instruction is a coherent, cohesive mindset that will help you take the human factor into account at every step. You'll become technically proficient with all the tools at your disposal—and, at the same time, you'll learn to make your solutions more powerful by crafting them in ways that dovetail with users' needs—and foibles—and anticipate cracker exploits.
Part I: Introduction to .NET Security.
Chapter 1: Understanding .NET Security.
Chapter 2: .NET Framework Security Overview.
Chapter 3: Avoiding Common Errors and Traps.
Part II: Desktop and LAN Security.
Chapter 4: .NET Role-Based Security Techniques.
Chapter 5: Policies and Code Groups in Detail.
Chapter 6: Validation and Verification Issues.
Chapter 7: .NET Cryptographic Techniques.
Chapter 8: LAN Security Requirements.
Part III: Web-based Security.
Chapter 9: Web Server Security.
Chapter 10: Web Data Security.
Chapter 11: Securing XML and Web Services.
Part IV: Other Security Topics.
Chapter 12: Active Directory security.
Chapter 13: Wireless Device Security.
Chapter 14: Win32 API Overview.
Chapter 15: Win32 API Advanced Techniques.