CIW: Security Professional Study Guide: Exam 1D0-470
This Study Guide provides:
- In-depth coverage of official exam objectives
- Practical information on security concepts and practices
- Hundreds of challenging review questions, in the book and on the CD
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards
Authoritative coverage of all exam topics, including:
- Implementing internetworking encryption and encryption methods
- Analyzing firewall types and firewall terminology
- Planning security systems and incorporating multiple levels of protection
- Securing mechanisms and parameters for Windows and UNIX
- Analyzing router security, threat containment, and intrusion detection
- Implementing intrusion-detection systems in an enterprise environment
- Installing operating system add-ons for personal firewalls and native auditing SSH
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: What Is Security?.
Chapter 2: Applied Encryption.
Chapter 3: Types of Attacks.
Chapter 4: General Security Principles.
Chapter 5: Firewalls Roles and Types.
Chapter 6: Firewall Topologies and Virtual Private Networks.
Chapter 7: Detecting and Distracting Hackers.
Chapter 8: Operating System Security.
Chapter 9: File System Security.
Chapter 10: Assessing and Reducing Risk.
Chapter 11: The Auditing Process.
Chapter 12: Auditing Penetration and Control Strategies.
Chapter 13: Intrusion Detection.
Chapter 14: Auditing and Log Analysis.
Chapter 15: Recommending Solutions and Generating Reports.
Appendix A: Sample Security Audit Report.
Appendix B: A Sample Enterprise Scanner Report.
Appendix C: Internet Security Resources.