Upgrading Your Home PC
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Ever feel like PC technologies evolve so quickly that your own machine is out of date just months after you get it? Now you can keep up without taking it to a professional, without getting in trouble, and without buying a new one.
Upgrading Your Home PC uses detailed photographs and clear, step-by-step instructions to show you how to accomplish the most common, most satisfying upgrade tasks yourself. You'll be amazed by how easy it is!
- Adding memory
- Adding a hard drive
- Adding a Zip or Jaz drive
- Adding a recordable CD drive
- Setting up a broadband Internet connection
- Installing an inkjet or laser printer
- Upgrading a display card
- Connecting a flat-panel LCD monitor
- Installing a network card
- Setting up a wired or wireless network
- Upgrading a power supply
- Upgrading your PC's sound system
- Using a digital camera with your PC
- Installing joysticks and other input devices
- Capturing video
- Upgrading your BIOS
- Upgrading or adding a CPU
- Setting up USB, SCSI, or FireWire buses