SQL Server's Developer's Guide to OLAP with Analysis Services
This one-of-a-kind book teaches you everything you need to know to use Microsoft's Analysis Services software to build, implement, and manage effective OLAP solutions. Expert advice and in-depth explanations combine to help you and your company take full advantage of the affordable power of SQL Server's built-in OLAP functionality.
- Analyzing large volumes of data effectively with Analysis Services
- Architecting and designing data analysis applications
- Querying OLAP data using MDX
- Programming applications using ADO/MD
- Managing Analysis Services servers with DSO
- Building data mining solutions with Analysis Services
- Using English Query for natural language querying of OLAP data
- Choosing appropriate client tools for exploring OLAP data
- Using the PivotTable Service for client-side data analysis
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: OLAP and Data Mining Concepts.
Chapter 2: Analysis Services Architecture.
Chapter 3: Analysis Services Lifecycle.
Chapter 4: Using Analysis Services.
Chapter 5: Advanced Analysis Services.
Chapter 6: Querying Analysis Services with MDX.
Chapter 7: Building Analysis Services Applications with ADO/MD Part I: Cube Schema Objects.
Chapter 8: Building OLAP Services Applications with ADO/MD Part II: Query Retrieval Objects.
Chapter 9: Advanced Usage of the PivotTable Service.
Chapter 10: Managing an Analysis Services Environment Using DSO.
Chapter 11: Building Data Mining Solutions with Analysis Services.
Chapter 12: Supporting Natural Language Queries with English Query.
Appendix A: MDX Reference.
Appendix B: ADO/MD Object Model.
Appendix C: DSO Object Model.
Appendix D: English Query Object Model.
Tim Sneath, an MCSD and MCSE, has worked on many OLAP Services projects. He works part-time for Microsoft's U.K. community development team, presenting at seminars across the country. He has been a regular speaker at TechEd, Developer Days, and the Software Developer conference.