Using Teams in Higher Education: Cultural Foundations for Productive Change: New Directions for Institutional Research, Number 100
January 1999, Jossey-Bass
Drawing on research and practice from higher education, where teams are used with varying degrees of effectiveness, and from business, where teams are linked to survival, the authors address questions of culture, especially as they can affect significant aspects of teamwork. The authors also explore the theory and practice related to different types of teams and the dynamics that influence their success. They then present ideas and resources practitioners might use, from examining case studies to using applied models from other settings. Designed to be both provocative and helpful, this volume provides guidance for useful change.
This is the 100th issue of the quarterly journal New Directions for Institutional Research.
2. Fostering Teamwork and Teams from the Institutional Research Office (Peter Hurst, Michael Matier, Clint Sidle).
3. Thinking Differently About Academic Departments: The Academic Department as a Team (Peter Eckel).
4. Experimenting with Models of Faculty Collaboration: Factors That Promote Their Success (Shawn Jacqueline Bohen, James Stiles).
5. Trying Transformations: Implementing Team-Oriented Forms of Leadership (Adrianna Kezar).
6. Using Teams to Change a Culture: Developmental Advicing at Valencia Community College (Ronald B. Nelson).
7. Evolution or Revolution: Creating a Team-Based Organization (Duane W. Cross).
8. Using Teams in Higher Education: Resources for Researchers and Practitioners (Susan H. Frost, Pankaj Bidani).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Using Teams in Higher Education: Cultural Foundations for Productive Change: New Directions for Institutional Research, Number 100 (US $29.00)
-and- Academic Leadership Day by Day: Small Steps That Lead to Great Success (US $29.00)
Total List Price: US $58.00
Discounted Price: US $43.50 (Save: US $14.50)