Bridging Troubled Waters: Conflict Resolution from the Heart
July 2002, Jossey-Bass
PART ONE: Creative Ways to Bridge Conflict.
1. From the Heart: A Creative, Relational Approach to Conflict 3
PART TWO: Creative Ways of Knowing as Resources for Bridging Conflict.
2. Emotional Ways of Knowing: Negotiating the Labyrinth.
3. Somatic Ways of Knowing: Enacting Change.
4. Imaginative and Intuitive Ways of Knowing: Seeing with Both Eyes.
5. Connected Ways of Knowing: Energizing Change, Emphasizing Relationship.
PART THREE: Tools for Bridging Meanings and Identities.
6. Symbolic Tools: Metaphors as Windows into Other Worlds.
7. Narrative Tools: Stories as Paths to Transformation.
8. Commemorating Tools: Using Ritual.
PART FOUR: Third-Party Roles and Practices.
9. Revisiting the Mountains: Third-Party Creativity.
Practice Tips: Integrating Multiple Ways of Knowing.
About the Author.
"Bridging Troubled Waters illustrates and illuminates the value and importance of creativity in dealing with the complexity of conflict. It helps us explore how to employ our whole selves-our minds, hearts, and souls- in approaching conflict." --Chris Carlson, coexecutive director, the Policy Consensus Initiative, Santa Fe
"This is a must-read for the practitioner as well as the academic. A brilliant approach to conflict resolution that is certain to shift the thinking of those who are still operating from twentieth century approaches. This is a necessary addition to the library of all conflict resolution educators and practitioners." --David E. Reagan, psychology and communications instructor, Camosun College, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Bridging Troubled Waters: Conflict Resolution from the Heart (US $35.00)
Total List Price: US $57.95
Discounted Price: US $43.46 (Save: US $14.49)