Preparing Department Chairs for Their Leadership Roles: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 105
May 1999, Jossey-Bass
This is the 105th issue of the Jossey-Bass series New Directions for Community Colleges.
2. Meeting the Millennium's Challenge: Leading from Where You Are (Robin L. Spaid & Michael H. Parsons).
3. The Practitioner's Guide to Midlevel Management Development (Mary S. Spangler).
4. A Statewide Survey of New Department Chairs: Their Experiences and Needs in Learning Their Roles (Albert B. Smith & Gloria A. Stewart).
5. College Presidents Examine Midlevel Management in the Community College (Rosemary Gillett-Karam, et al.).
6. The Need for Leadership Training: The Evolution of the Chair Academy (Gary L. Filan).
7. Situating Midlevel Managers' Training: Learning and Doing in Context (John M. Pettitt).
8. Understanding Managerial Leadership as More Than an Oxymoron (Erika Yamasaki).
9. Sources and Information on Midlevel Managers in the Community College (Elizabeth Foote).