Measuring Performance in Public and Nonprofit Organizations
May 2003, Jossey-Bass
Read a Charity Channel review:
Part 1: The Management Framework for Performance Measurement.
1. Introduction to Performance Measurement.
2. Developing Effective Performance Measurement Systems.
Part 2: Methodological Elements of Performance Measurement.
3. Identifying Real Outcomes and Other Performance Measures.
4. Clarifying Program Goals and Objectives.
5. Defining Performance Indicators.
6. Analyzing Performance Data.
7. Reporting Performance Data.
8. Processing Performance Data.
Part 3: Strategic Applications of Performance Measurement.
9. Using Performance Measures to Support Strategic Planning and Management.
10. Incorporating Performance Measures into the Budgeting Process.
11. Supporting Performance Management Systems.
12. Improving Quality, Productivity, and Customer Service.
13. Using Comparative Measures to Benchmark Performance.
Part 4: The Process Side of Performance Measurement.
14. Implementing Effective Measurement Systems.
- Author Poister is widely recognized and respected leader in the field of performance evaluation.
- Covers all aspects of performance measurement, including the management framework and methodological and technical elements.
- Includes a wealth of illustrative examples.
- A must-have volume for building organizational capacity and improving the overall effectiveness of programs and personnel.