Creativity at Work: Developing the Right Practices to Make Innovation Happen
August 2002, Jossey-Bass
- Understand the creative preferences of organizations, departments, work groups, and individuals
- Identify and compare the different creativity profiles that describe specific purposes, practices, and people
- Produce the desired results by developing the right practices
- Blend creativity practices to meet the complex needs that characterize most work situations to develop required creative abilities in a team and in oneself
1. The Creativity Map: Discovering Your Best Practices for Creativity at Work.
2. Assessing Your Creativity Situation: Mapping Where You Are and Where You Need to Go.
3. Imagine Practices: Breakthrough Creativity Through Jump-Starting and Forecasting.
4. Invest Practices: Profitable Creativity Through Partnering and Portfolios.
5. Improve Practices: Incremental Creativity Through Modular Design and Development and Process Improvement Systems.
6. Incubate Practices: Sustainable Creativity Through Talent Scouting and Idea Spaces.
7. Putting It Together: Guiding, Managing, and Integrating Creativity.
Additional Resources and Readings.
Katherine A. Lawrence is currently completing a Ph.D. in organizational behavior at the University of Michigan Business School. Her research interests include creativity, improvisation, managerial initiative, and learning, inspired by past work experience in filmmaking and educational technology.
Tom Glocer, CEO, Reuters Group
"Creativity at Work challenges the assumption that
creativity is a random act of inspiration. The practices, profiles
and tools provide insight for individuals and organizations alike
to chart their own course to a more creative future."
Mark E. Jones, director, Leadership and Workforce Development, Pfizer Global Research and Development
"Here, at last, is a legible roadmap for the innovation journey.
This is the book that can lead managers and executives to the spot
marked, 'You are here,' as well as provide solid tools and
practical advice for moving forward."
Michael Thompson, chair, Department of Organizational Leadership and Strategy, Marriott School, Brigham Young University
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Creativity at Work: Developing the Right Practices to Make Innovation Happen (US $29.95)
Total List Price: US $48.90
Discounted Price: US $36.67 (Save: US $12.23)