Career Choice and Development, 4th Edition
July 2002, Jossey-Bass
About the Authors.
Part One: Introduction and Cases.
* Introduction to Theories of Career Development and Choice: Origins, Evolution, and Current Efforts (Duane Brown).
* Case Studies (Duane Brown).
Part Two: Sociological Perspective.
* Career Choice and Development from a Sociological Perspective (Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson, Jeylan T. Mortimer).
Part Three: Developmental and Postmodern Theories.
* Gottfredson's Theory of Circumscription, Compromise, and Self-Creation (Linda S. Gottfredson).
* Career Construction: A Developmental Theory of Vocational Behavior (Mark L. Savickas).
* A Contextualist Explanation of Career (Richard A. Young, Ladislav Valach, Audrey Collin).
Part Four: Career Development Theories Anchored in Learning Theory.
* Social Cognitive Career Theory (Robert W. Lent, Steven D. Brown, Gail Hackett).
* A Cognitive Information Processing Approach to Career Problem Solving and Decision Making (Gary W. Peterson, James P. Sampson Jr., Janet G. Lenz, Robert C. Reardon).
Part Five: Trait-Factor Theories and Summation
* Holland's Theory of Personalities in Work Environments (Arnold R. Spokane, Erik J. Luchetta, Matthew H. Richwine).
* Person-Environment-Correspondence Theory (Rene V. Dawis).
* The Role of Work Values and Cultural Values in Occupational Choice, Satisfaction, and Success: A Theoretical Statement (Duane Brown).
* Status of Theories of Career Choice and Development (Duane Brown).
- Covers the most current ideas of the recognized authorities in the field of career development.
- Thoroughly revised and expanded to include the most influential theories of career choice and development
- Contains up-to-date information regarding the application of these theories to counseling practice.
"Anyone who wants one book that integrates theory, research, and practice could not make a better choice than Career Choice and Development. Brown and Brooks are to be congratulated for again prompting career development theorists to apply their models to the practice of career intervention." Contemporary Psychology
"This compilation of leading career theories in one concise and complete text, with its excellent analysis of the materials presented, is a unique and useful resource for any practitioner or student in the field." Journal of College Placement
"Well written and easy to read. Experienced professionals and beginning counselors in training will appreciate this effort. They have assembled an impressive collection of authors to introduce the reader to the various theories of career development." Personnel Psychology
"Career Choice and Development is a hardworking book; it presents both the latest version of major theorists' ideas and goes the extra mile to indicate how each translates their ideas into practice." Training News Magazine
"This book is designed as a primary reference and successfully brings together the most current ideas and research previously found scattered throughout the literature. The ideas of major theorists are presented side-by-side in similar format for easy comparison." AACD Guidepost
Career Choice and Development, 4th Edition (US $60.00)
-and- Succeeding at Assessment Centres For Dummies, UK Edition (US $16.95)
Total List Price: US $76.95
Discounted Price: US $57.71 (Save: US $19.24)