Managing Public Disputes: A Practical Guide for Professionals in Government, Business, and Citizen's Groups
August 2001, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
For more than a decade, Managing Public Disputes has been the first choice, hands-on guide for managers, offering useful instructions for handling a wide range of large and small public controversies from the national to the community level. It includes:
- Ten proven principles for managing conflict
- A comprehensive framework with step-by-step procedures for creating productive outcomes
- Seven illustrative case examples
- Detailed advice on effective methods for collecting information, conducting interviews, and analyzing a conflict situation
- Suggestions for handling special problems such as reluctant participants, keeping people at the negotiation table, and handling situations where emotions are running high
- Eight tasks targeted for designing an overall strategy for managing public disputes