The New Project Management: Tools for an Age of Rapid Change, Complexity, and Other Business Realities, 2nd Edition
May 2002, Jossey-Bass
1. The New Business Environment and the Need for a New Project Management.
Part One: Managing in the New Business Environment.
2. Managing Complexity: Techniques for Fashioning Order out of Chaos.
3. Engaging Change: Knowing When to Embrace, Accept, or Challenge.
4. Managing Risk: Identifying, Analyzing, and Planning Responses.
5. Satisfying Customers: Knowing Who They Are, What They Want, and When They Are Right or Wrong.
6. Defining Requirements That Bridge the Customer-Developer Gap.
Part Two: Tools for the New Project Management.
7. Acquiring Political Skills and Building Influence.
8. Building Teams with Borrowed Resources.
9. Selecting Projects That Will Lead to Success.
10. Estimating Realistic Costs, Schedules, and Specifications to Ensure Project Success.
11. Scheduling Projects with New Tools: The Time-Boxed and Critical Chain Scheduling Techniques.
12. Outsourcing to Control Costs, Focus on Core Work, and Expand Resources.
13. Integrating Cost and Schedule Control to Measure Work Performance.
14. Evaluating Projects to Maintain Goals, Strengthen Accountability, and Achieve Objectives.
15. Understanding and Using Performance Metrics: Measuring the Right Stuff.
16. Establishing and Maintaining a Project Support Office to Strengthen Project Management Capabilities.
17. Carpe Diem: Seize the Day!
"An invaluable reference for the modern project manager. It
represents a sharp break with the 'PERT-only' era, capturing the
latest theory and practice of the project management art."
--William W. Bahnmaier, Col., USMC (retd), former department chair, Principles of Project Management Division, Defense Systems Management College
"Experienced project managers, newly appointed managers, and
professionals of any kind who work in modern organizations where
business reengineering, cross-functional teams, and customer
satisfaction are key to their success will appreciate the insights
and practical project management experience shared in Dr. Frame's
--Gus Crosetto, director of training and development, Fannie Mae
"Dr. Frame is again right on target. Dealing effectively with
rapid change, possessing a strong customer orientation, and the
ability to know what to do and then to do it. These are all key
elements to be a successful project manager today. A recommended
read for all those in project management."
--Carmen Quatrochi, Wireless Project, AT&T Network Systems, Management Director
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The New Project Management: Tools for an Age of Rapid Change, Complexity, and Other Business Realities, 2nd Edition (US $65.00)
-and- Managing Risk in Organizations: A Guide for Managers (US $69.00)
Total List Price: US $134.00
Discounted Price: US $100.50 (Save: US $33.50)