Building Your Endowment
February 2003, Jossey-Bass
* Offers systemic approaches to developing an endowment fund raising program
* Includes the strategic choices an organization faces when developing endowments
* Contains a proven approach to endowment donors that has been successful for other organizations
* Gives a summary of the unique components of endowment and how it is different from other kinds of fund raising
Exhibits and Worksheets.
1. Understanding Endowment.
Unique Characteristics of Endowment Fund Raising.
The Bene.ts of Endowment.
Ten Reasons Why People Give to Endowment.
Integrating Endowment into Your Fund Raising Program.
Endowment Structures and Planned Giving.
2. Assessing Your Readiness.
Forming the Endowment Advisory Committee.
Evaluating and Building Commitment.
Developing the Case Statement.
Cornerstones of Endowment Fund Raising.
More Important Factors in Endowment-Building Success.
Conducting a Feasib ility Study.
3. Volunteer and Staff Leadership.
Creating Endowment-Building Committees.
What to Look for in Staff and Volunteers.
De.ning Roles and Responsibilities.
Selecting and Recruiting.
4. Building Endowment Systems.
Choosing a Fund Raising Approach.
Choosing Endowment Types and Structures.
5. Identifying, Cultivating, and Soliciting Prospects.
Developing a Marketing Plan.
Articulating the Message.
Executing the Plan.
Choosing Cultivation Methods.
Unique Characteristics of the Endowment Solicitation.
Key Principles of Solicitation.
Sequence of Solicitation.
Providing Exposure to Programs.
Encouraging Active Roles.
Communicating Regularly and Being Inclusive.
Your Ongoing Commitment.
A Checklist for Your Complete.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Building Your Endowment (US $40.00)
Total List Price: US $88.00
Discounted Price: US $66.00 (Save: US $22.00)