Effective Teaching with Technology in Higher Education: Foundations for Success
August 2003, Jossey-Bass
Part I: Fundamentals of Educational Technology.
1. The Challenge of Technology.
2. Introductory Remarks on Knowledge, Learning, and Teaching.
3. The Role of Media and Technology in Education.
4. A Framework for Selecting and Using Technology.
Part II: Course Design, Development, and Delivery.
5. The Organization of Teaching with Technology.
6. Planning for Teaching with Technology.
7. Approaches to the Design of Technology-Based Learning.
8. Course Development and Maintenance.
9. Supporting Technology-Based Learning.
Part III: Change and Stability in Teaching with Technology.
10. Change and Stability in Teaching with Technology.
Gary Poole is director of the Centre for Teaching and Academic Growth at the University of British Columbia.