Sustaining and Improving Learning Communities
June 2004, Jossey-Bass
1. Introduction: The What and Why of Learning Communities.
2. A Campus Culture for Sustaining Learning Communities (Anne Goodsell Love).
3. Planning and Assessing the Curriculum.
4. Pedagogy That Builds Community (Jodi Levine Laufgraben, Daniel Tompkins).
5. Faculty Development.
6. Developing Purposeful and Focused Assessment.
7. Approaching Diversity Through Learning Communities (Emily Decker Lardner).
8. Sustaining Living-Learning Programs (David Schoem).
9. Next Steps: Expanding Our Understanding of Communities of Learning.
Nancy S. Shapiro, founding director of the College Park
Scholars Program, is the associate vice chancellor for Academic
Affairs, at the University System of Maryland.
They are the coauthors of Creating Learning Communities.
Sustaining and Improving Learning Communities (US $44.00)
-and- Learning Communities : Reforming Undergraduate Education (US $52.00)
Total List Price: US $96.00
Discounted Price: US $72.00 (Save: US $24.00)