Getting Science Grants: Effective Strategies for Funding Success
August 2003, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Getting Science Grants is your hands-on guide to writing compelling proposals that will attract funding. Written by Thomas Blackburn— a scientist, experienced grantmaker, and consultant— this book provides a step-by-step process for writing grants to support your research projects. Getting Science Grants offers you an insider's look at the motivations and inner workings of the scientific grantmaking community. No matter what your scientific discipline, Getting Science Grants will help you develop the skills you need to write dynamic proposals and
- Learn the qualities that distinguish outstanding proposals
- Write each section of the proposal clearly and persuasively
- Choose the funding agencies that will give you the best chance of winning support
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes when writing proposals
- Develop productive relationships with funders
- Reduce the chances of being turned down by funders
- Succeed after securing your grant