Sexuality and Holy Longing: Embracing Intimacy in a Broken World
January 2004, Jossey-Bass
1. Rites of Passage: The Quest for Manhood and Womanhood.
2. Adolescence: Awakenings and Choices.
3. Sleeping Alone: Sexuality and Singleness.
4. Birthing Babies: The Essence of Early Motherhood (and Fatherhood).
5. Mysteries of Marriage: Bone of My Bone, Flesh of My Flesh.
6. Sexuality and Culture: Bodies and Scripts.
Epilogue: Beauty from Ashes.
"Grace and truth are a difficult combination, but Lisa McMinn displays it to marvelous effect. Lovely, candid, mature, assured—this book is a sheer gift." —Rev. Cornelius Plantinga, Jr. Ph.D., president and professor of systematic theology, Calvin Theological Seminary
"Sex. Sexuality. Lisa McMinn knows the difference and with rare Christian candor explores how the beauty of sexuality can still flourish in the “thistles of our broken world." —Alec Hill, president, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
"Lisa McMinn dramatically and charmingly, with striking honesty, reframes Christian thinking about sexuality, providing a much-needed antidote to misguided American assumptions. As a therapist and mother, I found her comments on male sexuality and fatherhood as 'embedded' (in context) and ‘embodied’ (in physical bodies) particularly wise and helpful." —Kaye Cook, Ph.D., licensed clinician; professor of psychology, Gordon College, Wenham, Massachusetts