The Board Member's Playbook: Using Policy Governance to Solve Problems, Make Decisions, and Build a Stronger Board
January 2004, Jossey-Bass
Foreword John Carver.
PART 1: THE NEED FOR BOARD REHEARSAL.
1. Board Rehearsal: Why?
2. Board Rehearsal: How?.
PART 2: REHEARSAL SCENARIOS.
3. Rehearsal Scenarios: Board Interactions with the CEO or Staff.
4. Rehearsal Scenarios: Board Member Interactions with the CEO or Staff.
5. Rehearsal Scenarios: The Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members.
6. Rehearsal Scenarios: The Board’s Job as a Team.
1. The Policy Governance Model.
2. Rehearsal Worksheet.
3. A Sample Board Policy Manual.
4. Further Reading.
How to Use the Accompanying CD-ROM.
Bill Charney is a consultant and speaker in board governance and leadership, trained in the Policy Governance Academy. Charney helps boards elevate effectiveness and accountability using the Policy Governance model of board leadership.