Managing Health: An International Perspective
September 2003, ©2003, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
1. The Practicalities of Managing Cost, Care, and Health: Teaching Cases from Six Countries.
Part One: Managing Cost.
2. Managed Care in Shanghai: Another Long March or a Great Leap Forward?
3. Westinghouse and Managed Care: Does the Emperor Wear Clothes?
4. Enhancing Access to Pharmaceuticals in Brazil.
Part Two: Managing Care.
5. Moving from the Possibilities to the Practicalities: Health Care Reform in Krakow.
6. Germany’s Ode to Alain Enthoven: Is Managed Care NewWine in Old Bottles or a New Rhine Whine?
7. Disease Management at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care: If You Build It,Will They Come?
8. Managing Care for the Dual-Eligible Population in Massachusetts.
Part Three: Managing Health.
9. Threat to the Public’s Health or Leaders in Public Health? Managed Care in the Twin Cities.
10. The UAW Bargains for Health Benefits.
11. The Next Wave of General Practitioner Fundholding: Welcome or Farewell?
12. PCGs an d PCTs: Can You Make an Elephant Dance Like a Bee?