The Handbook of Women, Psychology, and the Law
February 2005, Jossey-Bass
- Describes the evolution of gender-related legal decisions
- Explores sexual harassment in the workplace from both the individual’s and the organization’s viewpoints
- Explains the “invisible” aspect of women’s contributions to the workplace
- Describes the ambivalence of the courts in cases involving pregnant employees
- Presents an update of the psychological and legal sides of abortion
- Reports on the gender gap in health insurance coverage
- Offers a cross-cultural overview of women and depression
- Explores recent legal interventions for incarcerated women who killed their batterers
- Gives an analysis of rape from an international perspective and explores the use of rape as a weapon of war
- Presents particular issues affecting women from places such as southern Africa, Uganda, and China
1. Psychological Gender Differences: Contemporary Theories and Controversies (Natalie Porter).
2. Women and the Law: A Brief History (Andrea Barnes).
3. Women,Work, and Discrimination (Nancy Lynn Baker).
4. Sexual Harassment: The Organizational Perspective (Jay M. Finkelman).
5. Relational Practice: A Feminist Reconstruction of Work (Joyce K. Fletcher).
6. Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace (Lisa Wilson).
7. Update on Abortion Law (Andrea Barnes).
8. Insurance Coverage of Contraceptives: Narrowing the Gender Gap in Health Care Coverage (Judith C. Appelbaum, Virginia S. Davis).
9. Women and Depression (Jennifer R. R. Hightower).
10. Intimacy and Injury: Legal Interventions for Battered Women (Phyllis Goldfarb).
11. Rape Resistance: Successes and Challenges (Patricia D. Rozee).
12. Women’s Human Rights Abuses in the Name of Religion (Shannon M. Roesler).
13. Sexual Violence Against Women in War and Armed Conflict (Gretchen Borchelt).
14. Women and the Military (Catherine Toth).
15. Discrimination Against Women in the World of Human Rights: The Case of Women in Southern Africa (Teresa Mugadza).
16. Ugandan Women: Resiliency and Protective Factors in Confronting HIV/AIDS (Valata Jenkins-Monroe).
17. Population Control in China (Renee Huebner).
The Handbook of Women, Psychology, and the Law (US $60.00)
-and- Microaggressions in Everyday Life: Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation (US $50.00)
Total List Price: US $110.00
Discounted Price: US $82.50 (Save: US $27.50)