Competing in a Service Economy: How to Create a Competitive Advantage Through Service Development and Innovation
June 2003, Jossey-Bass
1. Competing Through Services
2. Creating a Service Advantage
3. Service Maintenance: Removing Things Gone Wrong
4. Improving Service Performance: Adding Things Gone Right
5. Service Innovation
6. Lead the Way
Appendix: The IKEA Saga
Michael D. Johnson is the D. Maynard Phelps Professor of
Business Administration and professor of marketing at the
University of Michigan Business School. He has been instrumental in
the development of national satisfaction indices around the world.
He teaches services marketing management in the Michigan MBA
Johnson and Gustafsson are the authors of UMBS best-selling book Improving Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Profit, from Jossey-Bass.
- Case studies on IKEA, Disney, Volvo Trucks, Sterling Pulp Chemicals and EMC2 illustrate various approaches.
- Authors bring extensive knowledge base through years of both academic and applied research in collaboration with a variety of firms and organization.
- Hands-on approach to structuring and implementing new service development activities.