Community-Based Research and Higher Education: Principles and Practices
June 2003, Jossey-Bass
About the Authors.
1. Origins and Principles of Community-Based Research.
2. Why Do Community-Based Research? Benefits and Principles of Successful Partnerships.
3. Community Partnership Practices.
4. Methodological Principles of Community-Based Research.
5. Research Practices in Community-Based Research.
6. Community-Based Research as a Teaching Strategy.
7. Teaching Community-Based Research: The Challenges.
8. Organizing for Community-Based Research: Principles and Models of Campus-Based Administrative Structures.
9. Managing Community-Based Research: Practical Matters.
10. A Look to the Future.
Sam Marullo is associate professor and chair of the sociology department at Georgetown University and cofounder and director of the community Research and Learning (CoRAL) Network of Washington, D.C.
Nick Cutforth is associate professor of educational leadership in the College of Education at the University of Denver.
Randy Stoecker is professor of sociology at the University of Toledo.
Patrick Donohue is assistant professor of political science, Middlesex County College, and interim director, Trenton Center for Campus and Community Partnerships.