Renaissance eLearning: Creating Dramatic and Unconventional Learning Experiences
January 2005, Pfeiffer
- How to make emotion and passion as important to eLearning as cognition and intellect
- How (and why!) to empower learners to take charge of their own experience
- How to get buy-in from stakeholders for alternative and higher return on investment programs
- How to apply the same principles and techniques (including narrative and visual design) used by masters over the centuries to grab attention, foster learning, and have a lasting impact on participants
- How to get the research and information you need without relying on self-proclaimed gurus and exorbitantly priced analysts
- How to find and work with the affordable creative talent needed to make your plans a reality
MEET OUR CASE STUDIES AND INTERVIEWEES.
CHAPTER 1: FROM “HOW TO?” TO “HOW
Open Your Mind to New eLearning Possibilities.
CHAPTER 2: THE CREATIVE ECONOMY IS COMING!
Why a New eLearning Paradigm Is Needed.
CHAPTER 3: FROM ANDRAGOGY TO HEUTAGOGY
Consider True Self-Directed Learning, If You Dare.
CHAPTER 4: LIGHTS, CAMERA, eLEARNING!
CHAPTER 5: AS SEEN ON TV
Using Narratives and Drama in eLearning.
CHAPTER 6: ACTION!
CHAPTER 7: WHAT A CHARACTER!
The ABCs of Character Development.
CHAPTER 8: ARE YOU TALKIN’ TO ME?
Creating Convincing Dialogue.
CHAPTER 9: IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT . . .
Metaphors and Figures of Speech Capture Attention.
CHAPTER 10: VISUALLY ARRESTING
Good Graphical Style and Layout Encourage Learning.
CHAPTER 11: JUST THE TYPE
Increasing Impact Through Word Design.
CHAPTER 12: PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
Using “Camera” Angle to Attract and Involve.
CHAPTER 13: THE CREATIVITY ETHERNET
Thinking Outside the Recruiting Box.
CHAPTER 14: DIGGING DEEPER DAILY
Leveraging Everyday Research.
CHAPTER 15: I THINK ABOUT WHAT I THINK, THEREFORE I AM
The Benefits of Navel Gazing.
CHAPTER 16: THAT’S A WRAP!
Truth Is a Pathless Land.
MORE ON THE CREATIVE ECONOMY.
. . . AND EVEN MORE READING!
Renaissance eLearning: Creating Dramatic and Unconventional Learning Experiences (US $55.00)
-and- Jolts! Activities to Wake Up and Engage Your Participants (US $56.00)
Total List Price: US $111.00
Discounted Price: US $83.25 (Save: US $27.75)