Launching Our Black Children for Success: A Guide for Parents of Kids from Three to Eighteen
September 2003, Jossey-Bass
1. Know Thyself.
2. How Well Do You Know Your Child?
3. Building Strong Identity and Positive Self-Esteem.
4. Family Values,
5. The Power of Discipline: Its Use and Abuse.
6. Countering Negative Media and Peer Groups .
7. Education: They Can’t Take It Away from You.
8. Drugs and Violence: No Place to Hide.
9. Raising Sons and Daughters: Gender Differences.
10. Role Models: How to Find and Use Them.
11. College Preparation, Application, and Selection.
12. Coping Skills: The Key to Survival.
About the Authors.
Theresa Foy DiGeronimo, M.Ed., is the author of several successful books, including How to Talk to Your Kids About Really Important Things and other titles in the Jossey-Bass How to Talk series.