Improving Early Literacy: Strategies and Activities for Struggling Students (K-3)
November 2004, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Improving Early Literacy offers teachers an arsenal of reading strategies for helping struggling emergent readers develop letter-name knowledge, sight word knowledge, phonics, and reading fluency skills. This book provides a comprehensive listing of various strategies incorporated into activities and worksheets and offers
- a practical introduction to early literacy instruction
- informal assessment devices based on proven research concepts
- approaches, strategies, and materials for teaching early literacy skills
- techniques for developing listening and oral language skills
- ways to assess and implement letter-name knowledge and sight word knowledge
- strategies for improving phonic analysis
- enhancement of structural and contextual analysis
- ways to expand vocabulary and comprehension
- techniques for teaching emergent literacy to children with special needs