Reinventing Public Health: Policies and Practices for a Healthy Nation
October 2005, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Complete introduction public health policy, covering social determinants, sustainable development, human development, economic development, and community development
- Subject of 2007 APHA presentation at Inaugural Forum of ASPH/Pfizer Public Health Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- Author Dr. Lu Ann Aday awarded 2006 ASPH/Pfizer Award for Teaching Excellence
- Doody’s Reviews: “This is a very refreshing new look at public health. Unlike many textbooks in public health which basically repeat what has been said many times before, this book looks at public health from a new and original perspective. It is well organized, well written, and well researched. I highly recommend it!”
- Health Affairs: “Presents an ambitious vision: health policy that encompasses a broad range of social, economic, and ecological factors that influence health, including sustainable economic development as well as a comprehensive array of human developmental, economic, and community factors.”