In Search of Cultural Competence in Evaluation Toward Principles and Practices: New Directions for Evaluation, Number 102
August 2004, Jossey-Bass
This is the 102nd issue of the quarterly journal New Directions for Evaluation.
1. Cultural Competence in Evaluation: An Overview (Saumitra SenGupta, Rodney Hopson, Melva Thompson-Robinson).
In laying the groundwork for the entire volume, the authors define culture, cultural competence, and culturally competent evaluation.
2. A Journey to Understand the Role of Culture in Program Evaluation: Snapshots and Personal Reflections of One African American Evaluator (Stafford Hood).
An African American evaluator examines and builds a case for incorporating culture into evaluation theory and practice.
3. Culturally Competent Evaluation in Indian Country (Joan LaFrance).
A case study of culturally competent evaluation in Indian Country and the particular nuances of working in Indian Country, as well as advice for evaluators, are presented.
4. Developing and Implementing Culturally Competent Evaluation: A Discussion of Multicultural Validity in Two HIV Prevention Programs for Latinos (Ross F. Conner).
Multicultural validity, used to make evaluations more culturally competent, is defined and explored in the light of two case studies from evaluations of HIV prevention programs with Latinos.
5. Lessons for Culturally Competent Evaluation from the Study of a Multicultural Initiative (Jean A. King, Julie E. Nielsen, Jeanette Colby).
This chapter presents lessons learned and guiding principles that are the result of conducting a culturally competent evaluation for a multicultural education initiative.
6. A Focus on Cultural Variables in Evaluating an Upward Bound Program (Rebecca A. Zulli, Henry T. Frierson).
Cultural factors are often not addressed in program planning. This chapter suggests factors that facilitate not only program planning but also evaluation.
7. Walking Pathways Toward Becoming a Culturally Competent Evaluator: Boundaries, Borderlands, and Border Crossings (Hazel Symonette).
The journey of one evaluator toward implementing more culturally responsive evaluations is explored.
In Search of Cultural Competence in Evaluation Toward Principles and Practices: New Directions for Evaluation, Number 102 (US $29.00)
-and- A Bird's-Eye View of Assessment: Selections from Editor's Notes (US $14.95)
Total List Price: US $43.95
Discounted Price: US $32.96 (Save: US $10.99)