Creating Great Schools: Six Critical Systems at the Heart of Educational Innovation
February 2005, Jossey-Bass
Part One: The Need for Change.
1. From Compliance to Engagement.
2. Understanding the Normative System.
3. Patterns of Commitment, Engagement, and Compliance.
Part Two: Six Critical Systems.
4. The Recruitment and Induction System.
5. The Knowledge Transmission System.
6. The Power and Authority System.
7. The Evaluation System.
8. The Directional System.
9. The Boundary System.
Part Three: New Norms, New Values, New Directions.
10. The Changing Context.
11. The Future of Public Education in America.
Appendix A: Creating Engaging Schoolwork.
Appendix B: Creating a Learning Community to Transform Schools.
- Phillip Schlechty is one of the nation's best-known experts on leadership and change in schools
- Offers a solid conceptual framework for understanding school systems
- Provides practical advice for engaging school personnel in the change process, coordinating effort with multiple players, and more
- "Key Questions" at the end of each chapter provide guidelines for practical application of concepts
Creating Great Schools: Six Critical Systems at the Heart of Educational Innovation (US $34.00)
-and- Strengthening the Heartbeat: Leading and Learning Together in Schools (US $42.00)
Total List Price: US $76.00
Discounted Price: US $57.00 (Save: US $19.00)