Student Development in College: Theory, Research, and Practice, 2nd Edition
December 2009, Jossey-Bass
This second edition includes the "foundational theories" of student development found in the first edition, but also offers newer integrative social identity theories that look at student development in a more holistic way. These theories are critical for understanding the diverse student populations of the twenty-first century.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part One: Understanding and Using Student Development Theory
Part Two: Foundational Theories
Part Three: Integrative Theories
Part Four: Social Identity Development
Part One. Understanding and Using Student Development Theory.
1. Definitions and Historical Roots of Student Development.
2. Using Student Development Theory.
Part Two. Foundational Theories.
3. Psychosocial Identity Development.
4. Chickering's Theory of Identity Development.
5. Perry's Theory of Intellectual and Ethical Development.
6. Moral Development Theory.
7. Later Cognitive Structural Theories.
8. Kolb's Theory of Experiential Learning.
Part Three. Integrative Theories.
9. Ecological Approaches to College Student Development.
10. Development of Self-Authorship.
11. Development of Faith and Spirituality.
12. Schlossberg's Transition Theory.
Part Four. Social Identity Development.
13. Social Identity: Concepts and Overview.
14. Racial Identity Development.
15. Ethnic Identity Development and Acculturation.
16. Multiracial Identity Development.
17. Sexual Identity Development.
18. Gender and Gender Identity Development.
Part Five. Concluding Reflections.
19. Using Theories in Combination.
20. Concluding Thoughts and Future Directions.
Student Development in College: Theory, Research, and Practice, 2nd Edition (US $65.00)
Total List Price: US $107.00
Discounted Price: US $80.25 (Save: US $26.75)