Arts Marketing Insights: The Dynamics of Building and Retaining Performing Arts Audiences
November 2006, Jossey-Bass
Arts Marketing Insights offers managers, board members, professors, and students of arts management the ideas and information they need to market effectively and efficiently to customers today and into the future. In this book, Joanne Scheff Bernstein helps readers to understand performing arts audiences, conduct research, and provide excellent customer service. She demonstrates that arts organizations can benefit by expanding the meaning of "valuable customer" to include single-ticket buyers. She offers guidance on long-range marketing planning and helps readers understand how to leverage the Internet and e-mail as powerful marketing channels. Bernstein presents vivid case studies and examples that illustrate her strategic principles in action from organizations large and small in the United States, Great Britain, Australia, and other countries.
1. The State of Performing Arts Attendance and the State of Marketing.
2. Exploring Characteristics of Current and Potential Performing Arts Audiences.
3. Understanding the Consumer Mind-Set.
4. Planning Strategy and Applying the Strategic Marketing Process.
5. Using Strategic Marketing to Define, Deliver, and Communicate Value.
6. Delivering Value Through Pricing Strategies.
7. Conducting and Using Marketing Research.
8. Leveraging the Internet and E-Mail Marketing.
9. Identifying and Capitalizing on Brand Identity.
10. Building Loyalty: Subscriptions and Beyond.
11. Valuing the Single Ticket Buyer.
12. Focusing on the Customer Experience and Delivering Great Customer Service.
—Philip Kotler, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
"With the same rigor, intelligence, and practicality she brings to her consulting work, Joanne Scheff Bernstein challenges readers of her new book to rethink old ways of marketing the arts. A ‘must include’ in any performing arts manager’s library."
—Glenn McCoy, executive director, San Francisco Ballet
"The needs and behavior of audiences for the performing arts have changed fundamentally since 9/11. Joanne Scheff Bernstein records these changes and offers invaluable insights into how they can be addressed by laying out the necessity for a new order of thinking."
—Robert J. Orchard, executive director, American Repertory Theatre and Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard University
Arts Marketing Insights: The Dynamics of Building and Retaining Performing Arts Audiences (US $32.95)
-and- Robin Hood Marketing: Stealing Corporate Savvy to Sell Just Causes (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $57.90
Discounted Price: US $43.42 (Save: US $14.48)