Campus Crisis Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Prevention, Response, and Recovery
March 2007, Jossey-Bass
· Explains how to develop a comprehensive crisis management system
· Identifies the different types of crises using the Crisis Matrix
· Examines the structure, operation, and training of a crisis team
· Presents a comprehensive approach for developing a campus crisis management plan
· Explores strategies for working with the media
· Tells how to work with outside agencies
· Includes information on critical incident stress management
About the Authors.
Part I: Understanding Crisis Management.
1. The Impact of Crisis (J. Michael Rollo and Eugene L. Zdziarski II).
2. The Crisis Matrix (Eugene L. Zdziarski II, J. Michael Rollo, and Norbert W. Dunkel).
Part II: Crisis Management in Practice.
3. Crisis Management Teams (Grant P. Sherwood and David McKelfresh).
4. Developing a Crisis Management Plan (J. Michael Rollo and Eugene L. Zdziarski II).
5. Crisis Communication (Cynthia J. Lawson).
6. Working with Emergency Personnel and Outside Agencies (Norbert W. Dunkel and Linda J. Stump).
7. Psychological First Aid in the Aftermath of Crisis (Wayne Griffin).
8. Crisis Training (Maureen E. Wilson).
Part III: Lessons from Crisis Management.
9. Environmental Crises (Pat Whitely, Jacinta Felice, and Kevin Bailey).
10. Facility Crises (Tom Brown, Craig Allen, Jim Conneely, and Claire Good).
11. Human Crises (Brent G. Paterson, Lee E. Bird, Suzanne M. Burks, Cindy K. Washington, Tom Ellett, and Anthony Daykin).
Part IV: Maintaining a Crisis Management Focus.
12. Contemporary Issues in Campus Crisis Management (Beth Hellwig-Olson, Merna Jacobsen, and Azfar Mian).
13. Where Do We Go from Here? (J. Michael Rollo, Eugene L. Zdziarski II, and Norbert W. Dunkel).
Appendix: Crisis Debriefing (Daryl Johnston).
Norbert W. Dunkel is director of housing and residence education, Department of Housing and Residence Education, and is an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Educational Leadership at the University of Florida.
J. Michael Rollo, is vice president for student affairs, Florida Gulf Coast University.
—Cynthia Cherrey, vice president for student affairs, Tulane University
"This valuable book is the ounce of prevention that colleges
need to prepare themselves for a campus crisis. More than a dozen
professionals draw on their experience and knowledge to offer
advice regarding the planning, training, communicating, and healing
techniques that will help a college campus best prepare for a
crisis and, if necessary, recover from one."
—James Baumann, director of communications and markeing, Association of College and University Housing Officers International
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Campus Crisis Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Prevention, Response, and Recovery (US $49.00)
Total List Price: US $64.95
Discounted Price: US $48.71 (Save: US $16.24)