Minister's Manual 2006 Edition, 81st Annual Issue
September 2005, Jossey-Bass
Turn to The Minister's Manual for
- Complete sermons for the entire year, featuring both lectionary preaching and worship aids to expand Sunday services
- Thought-provoking quotations and questions on life and religion to add breadth to your messages
- A treasury of practical sermon applications and commentaries
- Children's sermons for engaging young minds and a wealth of topics to ponder during small group discussions
- Calendars to help you remember important historical, cultural, and religious anniversaries
SECTION I. GENERAL AIDS AND RESOURCES.
Civil Year Calendars for 2006 and 2007.
Church and Civic Calendar for 2006.
The Revised Common Lectionary for 2006.
Four-Year Church Calendar.
Forty-Year Easter Calendar.
Traditional Wedding Anniversary Identifications.
Colors Appropriate for Days and Seasons.
Flowers in Season Appropriate for Church Use.
Questions of Life and Religion.
Biblical Benedictions and Blessings.
SECTION II. SERMONS AND HOMILETIC AND WORSHIP AIDS FOR FIFTY-TWO SUNDAYS.
SECTION III. CONGREGATIONAL MUSIC RELATED TO THE LECTIONARY.
SECTION IV. MESSAGES FOR COMMUNION SERVICES.
SECTION V. MESSAGES FOR FUNERALS AND BEREAVEMENT.
SECTION VI. LENTEN AND EASTER PREACHING.
SECTION VII. EVANGELISM AND WORLD MISSIONS.
SECTION VIII. RESOURCES FOR PREACHING FROM 1 PETER.
SECTION IX. MESSAGES FOR ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS.
SECTION X. A POTPOURRI OF PREACHING.
SECTION XI. CHILDREN’S SERMONS.
SECTION XII. A LITTLE TREASURY OF ILLUSTRATIONS.
Contributors and Acknowledgments.
Index of Contributors.
Sermon Title Index.
Index of Prayers.
Index of Materials Useful as Children’s Stories and Sermons Not Included in Section XI.
Index of Materials Useful for Small Groups.
– John Killinger, president, Mission for Biblical Literacy; author, Preaching the New Millennium
"Fresh and trustworthy ideas for preachers. Welcome nourishment to the hungry preacher facing the constant task of preaching faithful sermons."
– Thomas G. Long, Presbyterian Publishing Corp.
"Want one book to help you with preaching? Try The Minister’s Manual. The calendar and lectionary text information would be helpful enough–but this is only the tip of a wonderful iceberg."
– Roger Lovette, minister, the Baptist Church of the Covenant, Birmingham, Alabama