The Skillful Teacher: On Technique, Trust, and Responsiveness in the Classroom, 2nd Edition
September 2006, Jossey-Bass
About the Author.
1. Experiencing Teaching.
2. The Core Assumptions of Skillful Teaching.
3. Understanding Our Classrooms.
4. What Students Value in Teachers.
5. Understanding and Responding to the Emotions of Learning.
6. Lecturing Creatively.
7. Preparing Students for Discussion.
8. Getting Students to Participate in Discussion.
9. Teaching in Diverse Classrooms.
10. Giving Helpful Evaluations.
11. Teaching Online.
12. Responding to Resistance.
13. Dealing with the Politics of Teaching.
14. Surviving Emotionally.
"Insights and practical suggestions to college educators for
whom teaching students is a major part of their professional
responsibility. . . . [Brookfield] will become to the field of
education what Peter Drucker has become to management: a scholar
who educates and influences practitioners in the field through
incisive and challenging writing."
—Canadian Journal of University Continuing Education
"Readable, innovative, and perceptive. . . . The final chapters
on the political realities and phenomenological truths of college
teaching alone are worth the price of the book, especially for
prospective, new, or veteran college, adult, or continuing
"In an educational world that seems to be dominated by
prescriptive exhortations. . .this book provides a refreshing step
back from those preoccupations to look at the human relations that
always are at play between teacher and student and between student
—TESL Canada Journal
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Skillful Teacher: On Technique, Trust, and Responsiveness in the Classroom, 2nd Edition (US $40.00)
Total List Price: US $80.00
Discounted Price: US $60.00 (Save: US $20.00)