The Handbook of Large Group Methods: Creating Systemic Change in Organizations and Communities
June 2006, Jossey-Bass
- Working with widely dispersed organizations, and the problem of involvement and participation
- Working with organizations facing a serious business crisis
- Working with organizations in polarized and politicized environments
- Working in community settings with diverse interest groups
- Working at the global level and adapting these methods for cross-cultural use
- Embedding and sustaining new patterns of working together in organizations and communities
PART ONE: SETTING THE STAGE.
1 That Was Then, but This Is Now: The Past, Present, and Future of Large Group Methods.
PART TWO: SIX CHALLENGES FOR THE 21st CENTURY.
2 Widely Dispersed Organizations and the Problem of Involvement.
3 Organizations in Crisis.
4 Working in Polarized and Politicized Environments.
5 Working in Communities with Diverse Interest Groups.
6 Working Cross-Culturally.
7 Embedding New Patterns of Working.
PART THREE: RESOURCES FOR LARGE GROUP METHODS.
8 Resources for Large Group Methods.
Billie T. Alban is president of Alban and Williams, Ltd., and an internationally known management consultant whose clients include British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Exxon, and Kraft/General Foods. She teaches in executive development programs at Columbia, the University of California, Los Angeles, and Pepperdine and has served on the board of the Organization Development Network.
Bunker and Alban are coauthors of Large Group Interventions from Jossey-Bass.
—Edgar H. Schein, Sloan Fellows Professor of Management-Emeritus, MIT Sloan School of Management
"This book offers an exceptional look at large group process, brought to life by powerful stories from real organizations and communities. There’s no better way to understand the methodology and its potential. This extraordinary collection of stories demonstrates the power of large group processes in a variety of organizational settings. I can’t imagine a better way to understand the methodology and its potential to impact organizations of all kinds."
—June Delano, senior practice leader, The Monitor Group
- Learn about the most important Large Group Methods that can make a difference in change processes
- Understand these methodsí underlying theory and core characteristics
- Understand when these methods are appropriate and when not
- Develop skills designing large group events including logistics
- Work on a situation from your own organization or practice
- Meet and network with others who can be resources for your future work
Where:Metropolitan Washington, DC area
The Handbook of Large Group Methods: Creating Systemic Change in Organizations and Communities (US $82.00)
-and- Large Group Interventions: Engaging the Whole System for Rapid Change (US $60.00)
Total List Price: US $142.00
Discounted Price: US $106.50 (Save: US $35.50)