An Education Research Primer: How to Understand, Evaluate and Use It
March 2006, Jossey-Bass
1. The Purpose of Education Research 1
2. Scientific Criteria in Education Research 7
3. The Types of Education Research 13
4. Understanding Experimental and Descriptive Research 21
5. Understanding Data Collection in Education Research 33
6. Issues in Evaluating Education Research 41
7. Evaluating Experimental Research Studies 53
8. Evaluating Descriptive Research Studies 68
9. Evaluating Literature Reviews 83
10. Assessing the Relevance of Education Research 92
A. Tips on Reading Research Reports 102
B. Glossary of Education Research Terms 107
C. Finding Education Research 138
D. Statistics Tutorial 141
About the Author 162
- Helps educators make sense of educational research reports and assess the credibility of research findings, especially for complying with No Child Left Beyind Act requirements.
- Provides tools for evaluating educational programs and practices.
- Offers basic grounding in educational research principles and methods based on National Research Council criteria.
- Includes extensive examples of research and their practical applications.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
An Education Research Primer: How to Understand, Evaluate and Use It (US $38.00)
Total List Price: US $73.00
Discounted Price: US $54.75 (Save: US $18.25)