American Medical Association Boy's Guide to Becoming a Teen
May 2006, Jossey-Bass
- Puberty and what kinds of physical and emotional changes you can expect—from your developing body to your feelings about girls
- The importance of eating the right foods and taking care of your body
- Pimples, acne, and how to properly care for your skin
- Your reproductive system—inside and out
- Thinking about relationships and dealing with new feelings
Chapter One: WELCOME TO PUBERTY.
Chapter Two: EATING, EXERCISE, AND A HEALTHY WEIGHT.
Chapter Three: YOUR HEIGHT.
Chapter Four: YOUR SKIN, TEETH, AND HAIR.
Chapter Five: YOUR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM—INSIDE AND OUT.
Chapter Six: ERECTIONS, WET DREAMS, AND MASTURBATION.
Chapter Seven: YOUR FEELINGS.
Chapter Eight: RELATIONSHIPS.
Chapter Nine: WHAT ABOUT SEX?
FIND OUT MORE!
Kate Gruenwald Pfeifer, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker. She has a master's degree in social work from Columbia University as well as a certificate in psychodynamic psychotherapy with children and adolescents from NYU Psychoanalytic Institute.