American Medical Association Girl's Guide to Becoming a Teen
May 2006, Jossey-Bass
- Puberty and what kinds of physical and emotional changes you can expect—from your developing body to your feelings about boys
- The importance of eating the right foods and taking care of your body
- Your reproductive system inside and out
- Starting your period—what it means and how to handle it
- Thinking about relationships and dealing with new feelings
Chapter One: Welcome to Puberty.
Chapter Two: Eating, Exercise, and a Healthy Weight.
Chapter Three: Your Height.
Chapter Four: Your Skin, Teeth, and Hair.
Chapter Five: Your Reproductive System-Inside and Out.
Chapter Six: Your Period.
Chapter Seven: Your Feelings.
Chapter Eight: Relationships.
Chapter Nine: What About Sex?
FIND OUT MORE!
Kate Gruenwald Pfeifer, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker. She has a master's degree in social work from Columbia University as well as a certificate in psychodynamic psychotherapy with children and adolescents from NYU Psychoanalytic Institute.