Organizational Culture and Leadership, 3rd Edition
March 2006, Jossey-Bass
Part One: Organizational Culture and Leadership Defined.
1. The Concept of Organizational Culture: Why Bother?
2. The Levels of Culture.
3. Cultures in Organizations: Two Case Examples.
4. How Culture Emerges in New Groups.
Part Two: The Dimensions of Culture.
5. Assumptions About External Adaptation Issues.
6. Assumptions About Managing Internal Integration.
7. Deeper Cultural Assumptions About Reality and Truth.
8. Assumptions About the Nature of Time and Space.
9. Assumptions About Human Nature, Activity, and Relationships.
10. Cultural Typologies.
11. Deciphering Culture.
Part Three: The Leadership Role in Culture Building, Embedding, and Evolving.
12. How Leaders Begin Culture Creation.
13. How Leaders Embed and Transmit Culture.
14. The Changing Role of Leadership in Organizational “Midlife”.
15. What Leaders Need to Know About How Culture Changes.
16. A Conceptual Model for Managed Culture Change.
17. Assessing Cultural Dimensions: A Ten-Step Intervention.
18. A Case of Organizational (Cultural?) Change.
19. The Learning Culture and the Learning Leader.
- All new information in the field of occupational cultures
- Studies and interpretation of the subcultures of CEOs
- Thoroughly updated examples
Excellent Sales Record. The book continues to be a best-seller after 17 years, with total net sales of over 120,000 copies.
Totally Updated. 40% new material, including several all-new topic areas.
"Professional groups maintain their authority by…having specialised language, rituals and rules (Schein, 1992)." (Nursing Times, September 2006)