On Teaching and Learning: Putting the Principles and Practices of Dialogue Education into Action
November 2007, Jossey-Bass
Part One: Structured.
1. Why Structure?
2. Learning Needs and Resources Assessment.
3. The Seven Design Steps.
Part Two: Social.
4. The Learning Task in a Small Group.
5. Individual Learning Enhanced.
Part Three: Sound.
6. Principles and Practices: Current State of the Art.
7. Open Questions Invite Dialogue.
8. The Designer’s Skill: Trust Your Design.
Part Four: Sure.
9. Indicators of Learning, Transfer, and Impact.
10. Impact and the Seven Design Steps.
Part Five: Synthesis: Putting It All Together.
11. Putting It All Together: Examples of Dialogue Education Designs.
12. An On-Line Course Using Dialogue Education.
13. Dialogue Education in School Leadership.
14. Dialogue Education in Health Care Settings.
15. Dialogue Education in a College Classroom.
Appendix A: Glossary of Terms Used in Dialogue Education.
Appendix B: Tough Verbs for Learning Tasks.
“Jane Vella and dialogue-based education go hand-in-hand. Through On Teaching and Learning her insights deepen, her experience shows through, and her gift for useful application shines. Loaded with ideas, practical suggestions and illustrations this book will connect with the deeper purpose and process of creating learning no matter the subject matter. Vella has a way of giving us structure and freedom, encouragement and nudging provocation to rise to our best as trainers and educators. This is an apple on any teacher’s desk. Keep it close.”--John Paul Lederach, professor of international peacebuilding, Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame
On Teaching and Learning: Putting the Principles and Practices of Dialogue Education into Action (US $40.00)
Total List Price: US $80.00
Discounted Price: US $60.00 (Save: US $20.00)