Revealing Minds: Assessing to Understand and Support Struggling Learners
August 2007, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Strong Market Demand: There are more than 6 million children receiving special education in U.S. schools, and this number is on the rise. Educators and parents are clamoring for new approaches to understanding learning problems that will help these kids succeed.
- Affiliation with Mel Levine's All Kinds of Minds: This book is based on the philosophy and framework of All Kinds of Minds, the popular, cutting-edge institute headed by Dr. Mel Levine, best-selling author of A Mind at a Time, The Myth of Laziness, and Ready or Not, Here Life Comes. All Kinds of Minds has trained more than 30,000 teachers on using their approach to assessing learning differences.
- Unique Approach: Offers a groundbreaking method to diagnosing learning problems based on the All Kinds of Minds approach, which stresses the importance of identifying a student’s assets and uncovering specific breakdown points that lead to problems at school, rather than labeling the student or assigning him to a general diagnostic category.
- Practical, Hands-on Guide: Includes scores of real-life examples, sidebar definitions of key terms, diagrams, sample assessments, and other useful tools to help readers easily implement the All Kinds of Minds approach in their own student assessments.
- Strong Author: Pohlman is a rising star in the field of learning disorders. A protégé of renowned pediatrician Mel Levine, he has trained thousands on special needs assessment and presents frequently at conferences and workshops.
- Foreword by Mel Levine: Mel Levine has written the foreword to the book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Revealing Minds: Assessing to Understand and Support Struggling Learners (US $29.95)
-and- The Educator's Diagnostic Manual of Disabilities and Disorders (US $49.95)
Total List Price: US $79.90
Discounted Price: US $59.92 (Save: US $19.98)