Taming the Abrasive Manager: How to End Unnecessary Roughness in the Workplace
September 2007, Jossey-Bass
1. Abrasive Bosses and the Working Wounded.
2. Boss Whispering.
3. Abrasive Boss Behavior: What They Do.
4. Bears, Bosses, and Business: Survival Through Dominance.
5. On the Origins of Abrasion: Why They Do It.
6. Blinder Than Bats: Why They Don't See.
7. Why We Don't Take Bulls (or Bosses) by the Horns.
8. Can Bosses Change Their (Blind) Spots?.
9. Blinders Off: How Management Can Make Them See.
10. Limits On: How Management Can Make Them Care.
11. Risky Business: Taming the Boss You Work For or With.
12. The Choice to Change: Will the Horse Drink?.
13. Ending Unnecessary Roughness: Preventing Workplace Abrasion.
Appendix: Are You Abrasive? (Self-Test).