Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation
August 2007, Jossey-Bass
PART ONE: OUR OBSESSION WITH BAD STUFF.
1. What's Wrong out There?
2. What's Wrong with Me?
PART TWO: THE FIVE PRINCIPLES OF APPRECIATION.
3. Principle 1: Be Grateful.
4. Principle 2: Choose Positive Thoughts and Feelings.
5. Principle 3: Use Positive Words.
6. Principle 4: Acknowledge Others.
7. Principle 5: Appreciate Yourself.
PART THREE: APPRECIATION IN ACTION.
8. It's Not What We Know, but What We Do That Matters.
About the Author.
John C. Havens of BlogTalkRadio interviews Mike Robbins, author of, Focus on The Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation.
Click the play button below to listen!
—Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love
"Mike Robbins is a role model of love and gratitude. His message of appreciation comes from his heart and there is no one better to teach these important lessons!"
—Rich Dutra-St. John MA, MFT, Co-Founder of Challenge Day and co-author of Be the Hero - You've Been Waiting For
"Mike Robbins’ message of appreciation is powerful. He writes and speaks directly from his heart in a way that makes a real difference. This is a truly transformational book that will change lives."
—Lee Glickstein, author of Be Heard Now! and founder of Speaking Circles International
"Mike Robbins has an amazing ability to inspire people through his passionate, authentic, and open-hearted approach to appreciation. This book will have a positive impact on your life."
—Rich Fettke, author of Extreme Success
"Mike Robbins reminds us to focus on the very best aspects of ourselves and those around us. Written in his compelling and compassionate voice, this book is much-needed consciousness raising for people who want successful relationships and fulfilling lives."
—Susan Page, author of When Talking Is Not Enough
"Focus on the Good Stuff is a remarkable book. Appreciation, as Mike Robbins teaches, can transform your life and help you attract what you truly want."
—Christopher Andersonn, author of Will You Still Love Me if I Don't Win?
Focus on the Good Stuff first explores the many challenges involved in expressing and experiencing appreciation and gratitude in our lives. The book then presents readers with simple yet effective ways to exercise the power of appreciation in everyday life. By taking this journey, readers will:
- Experience the positive impact of appreciation on yourself and those around you
- Learn how to be grateful for your life—right now
- Gain insight into using your thoughts, feelings, and words to create circumstances and relationships that you appreciate
- Consider how to acknowledge other people from your heart
- Explore appreciating yourself in new and profound ways
Focus on the Good Stuff is filled with action items, ideas, and suggested practices. It is easy to take what you learn in Focus on the Good Stuff and apply it to your life right away.