The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons From Falling Behind in School and Life
April 2007, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Here are the facts:
- Boys today are simply not learning as well as girls
- Boys receive 70% of the Ds and Fs given all students
- Boys cause 90% of classroom discipline problems
- 80% of all high school dropouts are boys
- Millions of American boys are on Ritalin and other mind-bending control drugs
- Only 40% of college students are boys
- And three out of four learning disabled students are boys
Gurian has the answer in this enormously fascinating and practical book which shows parents and teachers how to help boys overcome their current classroom obstacles by helping to create the proper learning environment, understand how to help boys work with their unique natural gifts, nurture and expand every bit of their potential, and enabling them to succeed in life the way they ought to.
Gurian presents a whole new way of solving the problem based on the success of his program in schools across the country, the latest research and application of neuro-biological research on how boys' brains actually work and how they can learn very well if they're properly taught.
Anyone who cares about the future of our boys must read this book.
This Title is Part of the Following Set
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons From Falling Behind in School and Life (US $15.95)
Total List Price: US $40.90
Discounted Price: US $30.67 (Save: US $10.23)