The Art of Followership: How Great Followers Create Great Leaders and Organizations
January 2008, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
About the Contributors.
PART ONE: DEFINING AND REDEFINING FOLLOWERSHIP.
1. Rethinking Followership (Robert E. Kelley).
2. Leadership: A Partnership in Reciprocal Following (James Maroosis).
3. Three Perspectives on Followership (Jon P. Howell and MarĂa J. MĂˇndez).
4. A New Leadership-Followership Paradigm (Ernest L. Stech).
5. Followership: An Outmoded Concept (Joseph Rost).
PART TWO: EFFECTIVE FOLLOWERSHIP.
6. Creating New Ways of Following (Ira Chaleff).
7. Rethinking Leadership and Followership: A Followerâ s Perspective (Krista Kleiner).
8. The Hero's Journey to Effective Followership and Leadership: A Practitioner's Focus (Gail S. Williams).
9. Courageous Followers, Servant-Leaders, and Organizational Transformations (Linda Hopper).
10. Followership in a Professional Services Firm (Brent Uken).
11. Developing Great Leaders, One Follower at a Time (Rodger Adair).
12. Getting Together (Gene Dixon).
PART THREE: THE PITFALLS AND CHALLENGES OF FOLLOWERSHIP.
13. Following Toxic Leaders: In Search of Posthumous Praise (Jean Lipman-Blumen).
14. What Can Milgram's Obedience Experiments Contribute to Our Understanding of Followership (Thomas Blass)?
15. What Kind of Leader Do People Want to Follow (Michael Maccoby)?
16. Bystanders to Children's Bullying: The Importance of Leadership by "Innocent Bystanders" (Lorna S. Blumen).
17. Whistleblowing as Responsible Followership (C. Fred Alford).
PART FOUR: FOLLOWERS AND LEADERS: RESEARCH, PRACTICE, AND THE FUTURE.
18. Followersâ Cognitive and Affective Structures and Leadership Processes (Robert G. Lord).
19. Social Identity Processes and the Empowerment of Followers (Michael A. Hogg).
20. Lead, Follow, and Get out of the Way: Involving Employees in the Visioning Process (Melissa K. Carsten and Michelle C. Bligh).
21. Effective Followership for Creativity and Innovation: A Range of Colors and Dimensions (Kimberly S. Jaussi, Andy Stefanovich, and Patricia G. Devlin).
22. Conformist, Resistant, and Disguised Selves: A Post-Structuralist Approach to Identity and Workplace Followership (David Collinson).
23. The Rise of Authentic Followership (Bruce J. Avolio and Rebecca J. Reichard).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Art of Followership: How Great Followers Create Great Leaders and Organizations (US $60.00)
-and- The Practice of Leadership: Developing the Next Generation of Leaders (US $50.00)
Total List Price: US $110.00
Discounted Price: US $82.50 (Save: US $27.50)