Building and Managing an Asset Base: Information and Advice for Nonprofit Organizations: New Directions for Philanthropic Fundraising, Number 14
December 1996, Jossey-Bass
For any nonprofit organization, building and managing an asset base is a continual process that demands hard work and creative leadership rather than mere luck. The authors of this volume--nonprofit directors and fundraisers, as well as accountants, lawyers, and consultants who assist nonprofits--offer insightful, practical recommAndations and real world examples of how to build and manage an asset base. Learn how any organization can develop a planned and deferred giving program and successfully present that program to potential donors. Get expert advice on the technical side of building and managing assets with updates on tax issues and investment strategies for maximizing income from endowment growth. Discover how to work effectively with intermediary agents such as trust and private banking officers, legal counselors, and community trusts to secure planned and major gift support. This sourcebook will serve as an invaluable tool for any nonprofit organization, whether it is an established institution with a multi-million dollar budget or a grassroots agency looking to grow.
2. Transitional Development: Repositioning for Major and Planned Gifts (Robert R. Taylor).
3. The Psychology of Irrevocable Gifts (Nancy Herrold Strapp).
4. Tax Issues Regarding Planned Giving and Recent Legislative Developments (James O. Giese).
5. Prudent Investment Strategies for Endowment Growth (Stanley M. Pillman).
6. The Professional Adviser and Charitable Giving (Charles Slamar Jr.).
7. Preserving Family Assets: The Use of Planned Charitable Giving (Gerald A. Weber, Thomas A. Korman, Steven G. Gustafson, John R. Silverman).
8. Community Foundations: A Potential Endowment-Building Partner (Bruce L. Newman, David R. Luckes).
9. Developing Institutional Resources: A CEO's Perspective (Loren J. Anderson).
Building and Managing an Asset Base: Information and Advice for Nonprofit Organizations: New Directions for Philanthropic Fundraising, Number 14 (US $29.00)
-and- Grant Writing For Dummies, 4th Edition (US $24.99)
Total List Price: US $53.99
Discounted Price: US $40.49 (Save: US $13.50)