Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology: Honoring the Human-Animal Bond
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book offers more than just a competent clinical approach to the most common tumors in dogs and cats. This book also offers a focus on the special needs of geriatric pets and their owners.
Amply illustrated with dozens of case studies representative of those regularly encountered in practice, Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology will provide readers with the tools needed to diagnose and treat aging pets with cancer, and to help clients make the best decisions for themselves and for the animals with whom they share their lives.
Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology is a unique resource. It is a useful oncology reference for specialists, veterinarians in general practice, veterinary technicians, and clinic staff. The many “what ifs” that the practitioner inevitably faces in interactions with clients and their aging pets with cancer are presented and discussed.
- Focuses on the special needs of geriatric pets and their caregivers;
- Offers direction in the diagnosis and treatment of aging pets with cancer;
- Addresses many of the "what ifs" that arise in interactions with clients and aging pets with cancer;
- Amply illustrated with full color throughout;
- A valuable reference for practicing veterinarians, technicians, hospital staff, and professionals involved in supportive counseling for pet caregivers.