Quality Assurance Handbook for Veterinary Laboratories
October 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
This volume will outline the general components of quality assurance and will allow for customisation of procedures by individual laboratories. Sections will discuss quality goals and policies, quality of resources, evaluating new procedures, quality of operations, and quality considerations for point-of-care testing and office laboratories.
2. Quality Goals.
3. Mathematical Concepts for Quality Assurance.
4. Monitoring for Quality.
5. Quality of Operations, Policies, and Resources.
6. Evaluating Laboratory Procedures.
7. Laboratory Choices and Point-of-Care Testing.
Appendix 1: Veterinary Quality Assurance Programs.
Appendix 2: Conversion of Units.
* Outlines the basic components of quality assurance, each fully adaptable to the specific needs and activities of individual laboratories or veterinary practices
* Offers many procedures developed for clinical chemistry but applicable to testing in other disciplines
* Covers mathematical concepts; quality of operations, policies and resources; quality assurance programme characteristics, goals, and monitoring; procedures evaluation