Whey Processing, Functionality and Health Benefits
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Topics covered in this volume include:
- Whey utilization history and progress in process technology
- Fractionation and separation with health implications
- Whey emulsions and stability in acidic environments
- Current applications in films, coatings, and gels
- Texturized whey in snacks, meat analogs and candies
- Nanoparticles in hydrogels for delivery of bioactive components
- Whey protein role in human health
Health and wellness, processing and functionality are clearly areas of continuing research and offer growth opportunity for the food industry. The benefits from such concentrated body of knowledge will be new ingredients and innovative products that improve overall wellbeing. Whey Processing, Functionality and Health Benefits provides food scientists and manufacturers insight into the health implications of whey protein science. Ultimately, the consumer will benefit from better formulated, healthier products.