Practical Small Animal MRI
July 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Section 1. Comparative Imaging (Patrick R. Gavin)
Section 2. Basic Physics (Patrick R. Gavin).
Section 3. Sequence Selection (Patrick R. Gavin).
Section 4. Artifacts (Patrick R. Gavin).
Section 5. Equipment Consideration and Selection (Patrick R. Gavin).
2. Veterinary Clinical Magnetic Resonance Imagin.
Section 1. Diagnosis of Intracranial Disease (Rodney S. Bagley, Patrick R. Gavin, and Shannon P. Holmes).
Section 2. Diagnosis of Spinal Disease (Rodney S. Bagley, Patrick R. Gavin, and Shannon P. Holmes).
Section 3. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Peripheral Nerve Disease (Rodney S. Bagley, Patrick R. Gavin, and Shannon P. Holmes).
3. Orthopedic (Patrick R. Gavin and Shannon P. Holmes).
4. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Abdominal Disease (Patrick R. Gavin and Shannon P. Holmes).
5. Thorax (Patrick R. Gavin and Shannon P. Holmes).
6. Head—Non-CNS (Patrick R. Gavin and Shannon P. Holmes).
7. Cancer Imaging (Susan L. Kraft).
Rodney S. Bagley, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Internal Medicine and Neurology), is Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery in the Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, Washington State University. He has extensive clinical experience in neuroimaging and is also the author of Fundamentals of Veterinary Clinical Neurology, published by Blackwell Publishing in 2005.
- First specialist reference devoted solely to the practical use of MRI
- Coverage of normal anatomy and specific clinical conditions of the nervous system, musculoskeletal system, abdomen, thorax, head, and neck
- Introductory chapters provide basic information on the physics of magnetic resonance imaging and equipment selection
- Over 1,000 images
"A fascinating insight into the field; the text is well-written and extremely detailed.... invaluable as an introduction to principles of the physics of MRI and the challenges of producing diagnostic images without artifacts, and as a reference for use in clinical situations." (Veterinary Practice, April 2010)
"The extensive experience of the authors combined with a comprehensive review of the literature published on small animal MRI imaging make this the most comprehensive text on this subject.... the image quality is excellent." (VCOT, 2009)
Practical Small Animal MRI (US $218.99)
-and- A Practical Guide to Canine and Feline Neurology, 2nd Edition (US $172.99)
Total List Price: US $391.98
Discounted Price: US $293.98 (Save: US $98.00)