Science for Agriculture: A Long-Term Perspective, 2nd Edition
January 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
· Reviews the changes and assesses the implications of the rising role of private universities in research, and the more aggressive stance of public universities in obtaining intellectual property protection and attempting to obtain income directly from discoveries—either through licensing, sale, or joint ventures.
· Discusses the “research for profit” philosophy and its successes and failures in regard to public and private universities and industry, and intellectual property protection.
· Explores the increase in institutional endowments and their impact on the scope and direction of agricultural research.
· Describes the changes and trends in federal and state legislation regarding formula funding and competitive funding for agricultural research.
· Explains the nature of the struggle between local and federal interests in attempting to set the research agenda.